Karnataka has 56,682 rural habitations including 27,017 Revenue villages. According to 2001 census, about 348 lakhs of its people, out of a total population of 448 lakhs live in these rural habitations. That constitutes about 69% of the State’s population and about 62 lakhs households who live in the rural areas depending mainly on agriculture.
Rural Development and Panchayat Raj department, Governement of Karnataka has invited applications for the recruitment of PDO. Application can be submitted online in the following link
Online Applications Starts on : 23rd march 2011
Last Date for Submission of Application :19th April 2011
Last Date for Submission of Amount : 20th April 2011
Last date for Entering Journal number : 21st April 2011
Written Exam : July 2011
General : Rs. 300/-
SC/ST : Rs. 25/-
- Computer Knowledge ( Minimum 35 marks)
- General Kannada
- General English
- General Knowledge
- Rural development and Panchayat raj
Checked the answer keys (after 21-09-09) in the below link…..
PDO Results are announced checked in the below link….
* Examination is on july 2011 from 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM.
* There will be a maximum of 180 Questions.
* All the questions carry equal marks.
* All subjects are likely to contain equal number of questions.
* The answer sheet and machine readable OMR sheet will be provided separately. The marking has to be done by blue or black point pen only.
* The test will consist of multiple choice questions.
* Question paper will be provided in both Kannada and English language for General Knowledge, Rural Development and Panchayatha Raj and Computer Literacy Test. Kannada Paper Questions will be in Kannada only and English Paper Questions will be in English only.
* Candidate has to qualify in computer literacy test with a minimum of 35 percent, to become eligible for selection/ranking. Those who do not qualify in computer literacy test, other paper will be not be evaluated.
080-22353925 between 11 AM to 5 PM on Government Working Days.